- Wrote SEO-optimized product descriptions and other website content, articles, blog posts, press releases, and ad content, mainly with a medical focus.
- Acted as team lead while training junior writers and edited third-party content.
- Established and grew social media presence for various businesses, both B2B and B2C.
- Advised managers on SEO strategy and implemented schema markup and other elements.
- Set up and advised others on search engine marketing and online marketplaces including Amazon and Ebay.
Freelance Writer and Marketer
March 2001 - present
Various, Toronto, Ontario
- In 2004 and 2005, I completed a technical writing contract with York Software in Toronto, where I wrote a manual and a supplementary document for Point of Sale software.
- In 2003, I performed temporary office work for UPS Supply Chain Solutions in Oakville.
- Between 2001 and 2004, for WSI in Mississauga, I wrote business marketing documents and researched potential web sites for advertising.
November 2004 - April 2013
Instaclick, Inc., Toronto, Ontario
- Set up and managed search engine campaigns, managed other advertising campaigns and affiliates.
- Wrote search engine advertisements.
- Organized trade show booths and recruited affiliates at trade shows.
- Created and maintained reports.
November 2003 - September 2004
Manchu Wok Canada Inc., Markham, Ontario
- Prepared franchise agreements and disclosure documents.
- Prepared corporate minute books.
- Created power point presentations and reports.
May 2001 - July 2003
WSI, Mississauga, Ontario
- Researched places to advertise, placed and managed advertisements.
- Updated search engine advertisements and changed bids.
- Wrote advertisements and press releases.
- Assisted in organizing seminars and trade show booths.
- Managed sales lead database.
Equinox Magazine, Montreal, Quebec
- Researched and interviewed, proofread, wrote two articles and an advertorial.
Web Page Programmer
September 1998 - April 2000
York University Office of Alumni Affairs, Toronto, Ontario
- Created and updated web pages to promote events.
- Assisted in promoting and planning events, ran information booths.
- Researched, prepared reports.
B.Sc., Combined Honours Biology and Geography
September 1995 - April 2000
York University, Toronto, Ontario
- Worked on the Lexicon student newspaper.
- Member of the Astronomy Club.
- Assisted with Homecoming and the United Way Campaign.
- Canadian Science Writers' Association
- York University Alumni Association
- Media buying, affiliate management, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), social media management, marketing writing, technical writing, medical writing, proofreading.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, HTML.
- I am organized with an attention to detail, I am creative and analytical, I am responsible and dependable, and I love learning.
- Working on my websites.
- Collecting classic NES video games.
- Sewing and crafts.
Suzanne P. Currie 1999